The Redlands Bicycle Classic is the longest continuous running stage race in American bike racing. From humble beginnings on a Memorial Day weekend in 1985 hosting future stars for the Olympics, Tour de France, and world championships, the Redlands Classic has earned it’s position in history “Where Legends Are Born”.
Each year, the city of Redlands and surrounding communities open their homes and pour into the streets to cheer on the world-class athletes the race draws each year.
The Redlands Classic all-volunteer organizing committee works year round to create an event at the elite level of the sport. The event is also host to major fundraising events for many local community service groups. The Kiwanis, Rotary, and Boy Scouts all benefit from the event.
In addition to world-class racing, a healthy lifestyle festival featuring vendors to benefit healthy living is hosted in downtown Redlands on the final two days.
Tracy Bailey-Holmes – Official Artist of the 30th Annual Redlands Bicycle Classic
Click to download PDF
Click to download PDF
2014 Redlands Bicycle Classic Event Schedule
Download PDF 2014 Redlands Bicycle Classic Event Schedule v3
Day 0 - Redlands, April 1, 2014 - Tuesday
Registration / Manager Meeting - The Hope Center, 1210 Ford Street (corner of Ford & Highland) Redlands
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am Stage Race Registration for Women
- 12:00 am - 2:00 pm Stage Race Registration for Men
- 3:00 pm Managers Meeting for Women
- 4:00 pm Managers Meeting for Men
Day 1 - Highland, April 2, 2014 - Wednesday
The City of Highland Circuit Race is a challenging 2.8 mile loop with a sharp climb up Baseline street each lap.
- 8:45 am Stage 1 – Highland Circuit Race for Women…. 14 laps, 41.9 miles
- 11:00 am Stage 1 – Highland Circuit Race for Men…. 20 laps, 58.7 miles
Day 2 - Big Bear, April 3, 2014 - Thursday
A twisting, turning, 7.8 mile out and back at almost 7000 feet altitude!
- 10:30 am Stage 1 - PossAbilities Para-cycle Time Trial…. 4.3 mi
- 11:30 am Stage 2 – The Big Bear Time Trial for Women …. 7.8 mi
- 12:45 pm Stage 2 – The Big Bear Time Trial for Men …. 7.8 mi
Day 3 - Beaumont, April 4, 2014 - Friday
A long, challenging road race around and through beautiful Beaumont!
- 8:15 am Stage 2 - PossAbilities Para-cycle Circuit Road Race…. 21 miles
- 9:45 am Stage 3 – City of Beaumont Circuit Road Race for Men …. 120.5 miles
- 9:55 am Stage 3 – City of Beaumont Circuit Road Race for Women …. 72.3 miles
Day 4 - Redlands Criterium, April 5, 2014 - Saturday
America's toughest pro criterium race! Men and Women's Pro Criterium, Public Races / School Duel, R.U.F.F. Ride
- 7:00 am Registration opens for Public Races with School Duel
- 7:30 am Start of R.U.F.F. rides
- 9:00 am Public Races with School Duel featuring Shimano Youth Series
- 1:15 pm Flag Ceremony and National Anthem
- 1:30 pm Stage 3 - PossAbilities Para-cycle Criterium 1 mile course (30 minutes)
- 2:30 pm Stage 4 – City of Redlands Criterium for Women 1 mile course (60 minutes)
- 4:30 pm Stage 4 – City of Redlands Criterium for Men 1 mile course (60 minutes)
- 6:30 pm Free Concert featuring recording star Michael Austin and Midas Whale from The Voice.
Day 5 - Redlands Sunset, April 6, 2014 - Sunday
The world famous Beaver Medical Sunset Road Race in the hills of Redlands.
Downtown criteriums for our amateur racers.
- 6:00 am Registration opens for Redlands Downtown Criteriums
- 7:10 am Criterium for Men 5 0.65 mile course (40 minutes)
- 7:55 am Criterium for Men Masters 55+/60+ 0.65 mile course (40 minutes)
- 8:40 am Criterium for Women Cat 1-3 0.65 mile course (50 minutes)
- 10:00 am Stage 5 – Beaver Medical Group Sunset Road Race for Women 9 laps, 68.1 miles
- 10:05 am Criterium for Men Masters 45+ (Cat 1-4) 0.65 mile course (45 minutes)
- 10:05 am Public Para-cycle Clinic (till 2:00 pm) Lower level parking structure
- 10:55 am Criterium for Men 4 0.65 mile course (40 minutes)
- 11:40 am Criterium for Men 3 0.65 mile course (55 minutes)
- 1:30 pm Stage 5 – Beaver Medical Group Sunset Road Race for Men 12 laps, 94.1 miles
- 1:40 pm Criterium for Men Masters 35+ (Cat 1-4) 1.0 mile course (50 minutes)
- 2:35 pm Stage 4 - PossAbilities Para-cycle Criterium 0.65 mile course (30 minutes)
- 3:15 pm Criterium for Men Pro, 1, 2 (non-stage) 1.0 mile course (75 minutes)