Pro Stage Races
April 2-6, 2014 – Redlands, California
USAC Permit 2014-19
Invitational Stage Race with Five stages
- April 2 – Highland Circuit Race
- April 3 – Big Bear Individual Time Trial
- April 4 – Beaumont Road Race
- April 5 – Redlands Criterium
- April 6 – Sunset Road Race
5-8 riders per team, no individual riders
Limited to 25 teams per field
Submission of team application does not guarantee participation
- UCI Registered Teams will be given preference
- Teams not accepted will be notified and have entry fee returned
- Once a team is accepted, a fine of $200 maximum per rider may be assessed at the Race Director’s discretion for changes to a team’s roster. Fines will be due at Registration.
Pro, 1 Men
- Entry Fee: $1,200 per team
- Cash Purse: $25,000
- Applications must be received by March 7, 2014
- Teams accepted will be contacted by e-mail no later than March 12, 2014
1, 2 Women
- Entry Fee: $900 per team
- Cash Purse: $12,500
- Part of the Women’s Prestige Series
- Applications must be received no later than March 14, 2014
- Teams accepted will be contacted by e-mail no later than March 19, 2014
- Entries must be on the Official Entry Form for Stage Race Participants. No other entry forms will be accepted. The Official Entry must be completed entirely and accurately. Failure to do so may harm your team’s chances of being accepted and could result in a fine if accepted. The Official Entry Form will be used to determine team eligibility and to provide rider information for the Race Announcers and Press releases.
- A current USAC/UCI license must be presented for each rider at Registration.
- An early edition of the Technical Guide will be available on the RBC website, www.redlandsclassic.com, no later than Feb. 21, 2014.
A complete entry package must include the following:
- A complete Redlands Bicycle Classic Entry Form
- Appropriate tax ID form:
- A USA Cycling Inc. Event Release Form signed by each rider
- A Redlands Bicycle Classic Authorization for Release of Medical Information signed by each rider. The USAC Event Release Form and RBC Authorization for Release of Medical Information MUST be signed in ink by each rider. Faxes, copies, or other signatures of anyone else will invalidate these forms.
- A check for the Entry Fee. Post dated checks will not be accepted.
Registration and Manager’s Meetings
- Tuesday – April 1, 2014, at The Hope Center, 1210 Ford St. (corner of Ford & Highland, Redlands)
- Women’s Registration: 10:00 – 11:30 AM
- Men’s Registration: 12:30 – 2:00 PM
- Only the Team Manager may register for teams
- Licenses must be presented for all participants. Race numbers will be held for any participants without a licenses or completed entry packet.
- Managers’ Meeting, Women – 3:00 PM
- Managers’ Meeting, Men – 4:00 PM Rules
- USAC Rules apply for both men and women
- All riders and managers will receive a Technical Guide at registration
- The Redlands Bicycle Classic is a Team only event
- Riders desiring to participate may have information listed on the Composite Teams page of the Redlands Classic website (www.redlandsclassic.com) so other racers or teams may contact them
- Members of a Composite Team must bring to Registration a release from their sponsored team
- Members of a Composite Team must wear the same jersey
- Promoter will not assist in forming Composite Teams
- Ontario International Airport, Ontario, CA (30 miles)
- John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana, CA (65 miles)
- Palm Springs Airport, Palm Springs, CA (50 miles)
- LAX, Los Angeles, CA (80 miles)
Lodging & Team Liaison
- Check Lodging page of website (www.redlandsclassic.com) for local hotels.
- Host Family Housing is available to Stage Race Participants (RIDERS ONLY) by contacting the RBC Housing Coordinator (See Host Housing page of website)